With a product feed you connect directly to your database and use the products from there in the interactive layers; no more manual product inputs! Adding a product next to the feed remains possible of course.
How to setup a feed?
1. Add your feed
- Open the Automations page
- Click on "+ Feed"
- Now you can link your feed:
- Name: add a name for the feed in Spott
- Link: the URL of the feed
! Important ! it must be a .CVS file that is accessible online with at least the following 3 required columns
- Update: how frequently should the feed update automatically to take your changes into account?
- Auto product detect: should it be possible to auto detect product from this feed in media
- Headers: Fill in to read password protected feeds with authentication headers
2. Set the format
Set the delimiter of the form so it is shown correctly in the sample. There are 2 options.
- comma ( , )
- semicolon ( ; )
3. Map the feed fields
Now it is time to map the required fields to the corresponding columns. Match the correct column with the Spott system parameters
- Image URL: when your products have an image, you can select it under Image(s) as well. This should be a URL to your image. When you have multiple images per product, you can select these as well.
- Language: when the feed contains multiple languages, you can set this here.
4. Check the feed
- Go to the Automation page
- Scroll down under the products (if you have any), and find the feeds here
- Now you see if the feed is connected