Manually creating assets in Spott can be done at different stages in the tagging process. You can either create all your assets in advance before tagging or create the correct assets during the tagging itself. In this article, you will learn where to create assets and what information can be included.
Note: If you have a product feed available, we recommend linking your product feed or even a Google Sheet rather than creating assets one by one. This has a big advantage as all product information will be updated automatically as your feed updates.
Where to create assets
Go to the asset page by clicking this link: Assets page.
Step 2: Click the “Create Asset” button, a tooltip will open, and click "Create Asset" again.
Click "Create Asset" to open the dropdown menu and then click "Create Asset".
From this dropdown menu, you can also link a product feed.
Once you've found your way to create a new asset as mentioned above. You will see the following modal.
In this window, you will find the following information fields to add to your new asset:
- Name: This is the name of your asset, which you can use to display in your content.
- ID (Optional): This is the external ID to your assets. If you have products available in multiple languages, you can link them by using the same ID and setting a different language.
- URL: This is the URL to your assets. This can be a link to the product page, a newsletter signup form, or any other web page.
- Images (Optional): Here you can add the image of your asset. The first image will be shown by default.
- Additional Fields (Optional): Here you can set all your custom fields. These are flexible fields that you can use to display any information of your choice. This can be any information such as the delivery time of a package, the preparation time of a recipe,...
Learn more about what the default values are for interactive images and videos.