In order to create interactive content, you'll need products to tag on your content. Next to products, you can also add other things like buildings, people, etc. That is why we will use the more generic term products covering more than only products.
Each product has metadata attached to it. Next to the default product information such as the image, title, and URL. Spott is made to be flexible and can create additional fields that adapt to your system.
Some examples of this can be the number of calories in a meal, the amount of horsepower of a car,... and other parameters that can be adjusted to your system.
There are 3 ways to add products into Spott:
- Creating products manually
- Attach a product feed, which keeps your product information up-to-date in your interactive content.
- Adding your products by using Google Sheets.
You can also create segments, these are dynamic groups of products that update with your defined filters. This means that if your product is updated manually, via API or a Feed Sync, it may change its presence in the segment.
Manually creating products in Spott can be done at different stages in the tagging process. You can either create all your products in advance before tagging or create the correct products during the tagging itself. In this article, you will learn where to create products and what information can be included.
Where to create products
Go to the product page by clicking this link: Products page.
Step 2: Click the “Create Product” button, a tooltip will open, and click "Create product" again.
Click "Create product" to open the dropdown menu and then click "Create product".
From this dropdown menu, you can also link a product feed.
Once you've found your way to create a new product as mentioned above. You will see the following modal.
In this window, you will find the following information fields to add to your new product:
- Name: This is the name of your product, which you can use to display in your content.
- ID (Optional): This is the external ID to your products. If you have products available in multiple languages, you can link them by using the same ID and setting a different language.
- URL: This is the URL to your products. This can be a link to the product page, a newsletter signup form, or any other web page.
- Images (Optional): Here you can add the image of your product. The first image will be shown by default.
- Additional Fields (Optional): Here you can set all your custom fields. These are flexible fields that you can use to display any information of your choice. This can be any information such as the delivery time of a package, the preparation time of a recipe,...