In this tutorial, we'll guide you through the process of making your first interactive image.
You'll learn how to:
- Upload your content to Spott,
- go into the studio,
- add widgets,
- create and add products,
- and publish your interactive photo.
Step 1: Upload an image
The first step is to upload your base image. This is the image that will get an interactive layer.
Starting from the home page, click on:
- “Add media",
- and click "Upload media" again.
Now you can upload your image.
Step 2: Go to the studio
When your image is done uploading.
- Click on the "Edit" button to enter the Spott Studio.
This is the place where you will be combining your widgets and products, turning your image into interactive content.
Step 3: Add a widget
Widgets control the look & feel, and the type of interactivity.
- From the left side panel, drag & drop a widget onto your image
- Place it on the location where the interactive marker should be.
Step 4: Create a product
The next step is to create a product. A product contains information that will be shown on your tooltips such as a name, a price, and a URL.
In the top left:
- Click "Products",
- then click "+ Create product" in the bottom left.
In the "Create new product" window, fill in the name, URL, and upload an image.
- When you are done, click "Save" to continue.
- In the same way, you added a widget onto your image, simply drag & drop the product on your image.
Step 5: Preview and publish
When you are editing, click "Preview mode" to see what the final result will look like.
If everything looks good, you are ready to publish it on your website.
- Click "Publish",
- then click "Publish on website".
- In the embed modal, simply click "Copy code" to save the embed code to your clipboard.
Step 6: Add the code to your website
The last step is to place the embed code on your website.
Open your website editor (such as WordPress, Wix, ...), create an HTML element, and paste the code you just copied. That's it!
You have successfully made your first interactive image! 🎉
What we've shown here is the most common workflow to make your image interactive. There are many more options along the way to customize your interactive content.