In this tutorial, we'll guide you through the process of making your first interactive image. You can follow along by using your content.
If you like to learn how to create interactive videos, find a step-by-step guide here.
Step 1: Upload an image
The first step is to upload your base image. This is the image you are going to make interactive.
- Starting from the home page, click the “Add media” button or drag and drop one or multiple images onto the page. Your image(s) will be uploaded automatically.
Step 2: Add assets
- Click on the image you want to make interactive, you'll see that the Spott Studio will open. This is the place where you can manage all interactivity of your images and videos.
You now need to add assets to Spott. Assets contain information that will be shown on your interactive markers such as its title, price, URL,... An asset can be a product, a person, random information,... In the example used here, we use it as a product.
- Click "Create new asset" on the bottom left side. A new modal will pop up.
- Enter a name, URL, and select an image for the asset. Click "Save" to add it.
Step 3: Add the asset to your image
Your new asset will be shown in the Assets tab on the left side of the Studio.
- Drag and Drop the asset onto your image. Place it on the visual element in your image that you want to make interactive.
You can change the position of your markers any time by dragging the box around the image.
Click "Share" and then "Embed & Share" at the top right of the page to view your changes. All your changes will always be saved automatically.
Step 4: Celebrate! 🎉
You have successfully made your first interactive image!
Please share it with us, we're happy to see what you created with Spott!
What we've shown here is the most common workflow to make your image interactive. There are many more options along the way to customize your interactive content.