Please find here how Spott calculates your interactions.
The general rule is:
If a hover or click happens, 1 interaction is consumed.
How it plays out in practice:
- A user hovers over a product = 1 interaction
- A user hovers & clicks on a product = 1 interaction
- A user hovers 10 times over the same product = 1 interaction
- A user hovers over product A and hovers over product B = 2 interactions
- A user hovers over a product, hovers again within 5 seconds = 1 interaction
- A user hovers over a product, leaves it for over 5 seconds, and hovers again = 2 interactions
While Spott logs every impression, hover and click. We only use hovers and clicks to calculate interactions. This can explain why you would see a lot more interactions on your reporting dashboard than there are interactions deducted.
We also added a timeframe of 5 seconds to avoid an over-consuming of interactions. Spott calculates only 1 interaction per product, per user, every 5 seconds.
For example, if a user interacts with a product, refreshes the page, and interacts again within a 5 seconds timeframe. Only 1 interaction will be calculated.
Please take note that the consumed interactions only get calculated a few times a day.
This can take up to 24 hours for your interactions to be deducted.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions! We're happy to help! You can also check this pdf (interactions were formerly called credits)